Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

Baby Boy



Hello everyone! I am very excited to share this cute baby shower card that I made for my program advisor at my university. She has been very helpful on my journey as a student. I do not have a lot of baby shower themed stamps or patterns so instead of buying new materials I decided to work with what I have. Once, she told me that she is having a baby boy I immediately thought about a blue and yellow colour combo. I've never blended ink like such (blue-highlighting the sentiment and yellow for the entire background), so it was definitely a new adventure for me! The trail of hearts were the finishing touches and I think it creates a visual trail to the main focal image, the super duper cute carousel! I hope you guys enjoy this as much as she did!


xoxo,
Brian


This image is one of my favourites from Lawn Fawn! Very versatile as it can be used for birthdays, baby showers or even a hello card!

The photo doesn't do it justice but I used a clear embossing powder on the hearts prior to die cutting it--I find it easier that way than die cutting and then heat embossing, especially on tiny pieces. The clear embossing powder added shine and texture.

The handwritten border sentiment was perfect for this creation!

A simple polka-dot patterned paper was the perfect choice for mat! It doesn't take away the beauty of the design of the entirety of the card.

Supplies






1 comment:

  1. What a lovely vibrant card - so different from the normal pale blue for a boy. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete