Pages

Friday 19 June 2015

fanTASCHtic Father


Father's Day is just a few sleeps away and I have to make three for some special dad's in my life. Today, I will share this creation that I made for my boyfriend's dad. He has a mustache so I thought of making a card around that-LOL. I rarely do water colouring but when I do I am always happy with the outcome. I went with a blue and green palette since this is a masculine card. The heat embossed sentiment and image resisted the water and distress inks concoction which lead me to this abstract piece. For some reason it kinda reminds me of the planet earth-LOL. 


xoxo,
Brian

The stitched rectangle dies are great touches to any masculine card!

I achieved the "bleach" spots by flicking a paintbrush with water on top of the dried distress inks.

I found the chipboard and twine on my stash and I thought it would be the perfect accent to emphasize the punny sentiment!

I hope he likes it :)


Supplies


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Brian, these are some of my favorite colors, and I love your mustache theme! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Fathers Day card Brian. I love your water coloured background and the colours and Mustache stamp are brilliant. The faux stitching is a lovely detail and the chipboard frame and twine really draw attention to the great sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow absolutely gorgeous. Love the water colouring and the added stitching. So much lovely attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from last week's challenge (Anything Goes wk3)--- congrats! 

    I love all the details--- from the watercoloring, the colors, the layering, etc! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete