Pages

Saturday 20 June 2015

Father's Day: Blues, Specs and Tie


One more sleep and it is Father's Day! I enjoyed creating my own background on this creation! Repeating a smaller image all over can achieve an interesting image. Moreover, with the versamark & distress inks technique can create a gradient of colours while resisting the image. The inlaid panel with the tie was an afterthought actually. I felt like I need to add some fun and we all know it is harder to embellish masculine cards than any other themed cards LOL. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of vellum to diffuse the intensity of the background.



xoxo,
Brian


Stitched rectangle dies is a must for any card maker!

I used a "charcoal" embossing powder by Recollections. I like how it is blacks and grays with a hint of sparkle.

Happy Dad's Day!--almost LOL


Supplies





4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Father's Day card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow again with that background! Love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful masculine card, I love that blue ombre background! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'For a Man or Boy' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mancard, liking those colours

    ReplyDelete